New start. Nubeena

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

recent developments

This is the finished work propped up on top of an older work. When (if) the sun comes up I will take another picture

As the image progressed I started to realise that it is a good metaphor for life in a small and tight nit community. the interconnections, the tangles and surprising histories. The bulbs began to sprout mouths eyes and fingers. It got a bit weird for a while there before I managed to get these body parts back into some sort of order.


I needed to go bigger...this is three panels 80 Cm square

So I color coded each strand to enable me to follow the tangle and scaled everything up to an 80 CM square canvas.
This is a corner of a painting where I happened to find a washed up Shearwater tangled in seaweed. I found the seaweed interesting ...actually more interesting than any other thing.

A couple of landscape/still-life paintings 50x90 CM
You cant' step into the same room twice. (my current motto)

No comments:

Post a Comment